- Set up 10mL LB cultures with appropriate antibiotic and aTc concentrations. Grow overnight at 37C while shaking.
- Take out cultures and measure OD at 600nm. If it's below 0.4, place back at 37C for another 3 hours until it reaches OD ~0.5.
- Spin down cultures in 15mL falcons at 10min, 3000xg and 22C.
- Resuspend in 2mL Bio Assay Buffer (BAB).
- Spin 2 min to pellet.
- Resuspend in BAB + antibiotic + aTc (at same antibiotic and aTc concentrations as the original overnight cultures).
- Measure OD and make sure it's between 0.4 and 0.6. If it's below 0.4, spin and pellet and try again.
- Put in 37C shaker for 4 hours.
- Measure fluorescence of 1.5mL samples.