IGEM:The Citadel/Notebook/20 April 2010
Homework to Do Before the Meeting
- Research your area of iGEM
On the Agenda
- Get John and Edelson registered on OWW
- Finish mindmapping
- Decide on favorite iGEM ideas
- Talk about recruitment. Do we want any more? Less?
- Goal: 10 undergrad, 2 grad; talk to CofC, MUSC, Trident, highs (Porter Gaud, Bishop England, Academic Magnate, Wando, St. Joe's), Chem. and EE Depts.
- Explain team commitments and expectations to everyone
- In depth planning for May Training Session
- Who can attend? When do we want to do it? Etc.
- Summer conflicts list. Get it together and keep it current.
Things to do Soon
- Hold meeting with Dr. Rosenblum and Dean Groetsch and Mr. Yeager
- Look for sponsorship
- Jonh's Biotech in FL
- Connections to Fischer Scientific (Dr. R mentioned this)
- The Provost talked about an alum in Seattle who had set up an bioinformatics startup.
- Oil Sands Initiative
- Local biotech (e.g. Genphar)