Practical 1: Report Structure
Part I: Introduction to Computer Modelling
Part II: Getting to know CellDesigner
Part III: Building Your First Model: A --> B --> C
- Comments on the evolution of 'A', 'B', 'C' + screenshot.
- Parameter scan done on k1 and k2 + screenshots.
- Give k1 and k2 + screenshot.
Part IV: Synthesis-Degradation Model
- Comments on the evolution of 'A' + screenshot
- Parameter scan on k1 and k2 + screenshots.
- Bonus: Analytical solution expression
- Half-life illustration Screenshot
- Bonus: Analytical expression of the half-life of compound 'A'.
Part V: Michaelis-Menten Model
- Write down all the kinetics laws you had to define.
- Screenshot from the reaction simulation + comments on the different phases.
- Michaelis-Menten formula derivation.
- Expressions of Km and Vmax.
- Screenshot of the reaction networks.
- Screenshot of the simulation outputs + comments.