with respect to Plasmodium infection
Date: 30 May 2013
- Sangare, I., Michalakis, Y., Yameogo, B., Dabire, R., Morlais, I., and Cohuet, A. (2013). Studying fitness cost of Plasmodium falciparum infection in malaria vectors: validation of an appropriate negative control. Malar J 12, 2. (Mathilde)
- Smallegange, R.C., van Gemert, G.-J., van de Vegte-Bolmer, M., Gezan, S., Takken, W., Sauerwein, R.W., and Logan, J.G. (2013). Malaria Infected Mosquitoes Express Enhanced Attraction to Human Odor. PLoS ONE 8, e63602. (Bob to present.)
- Zhao, Y.O., Kurscheid, S., Zhang, Y., Liu, L., Zhang, L., Loeliger, K., and Fikrig, E. (2012). Enhanced Survival of Plasmodium-Infected Mosquitoes during Starvation. PLoS ONE 7, e40556. (Noushin)
- Proc. R. Soc. B 22 July 2013 vol. 280 no. 176320130711 ‘Manipulation’ without the parasite: altered feeding behaviour of mosquitoes is not dependent on infection with malaria parasites (Faye)
Date: 28 March 2013
- we did actually present some papers
- but organised it all by email!
Date: 28 February 2013
Coordinator: I am not really sure what the job of Journal Club coordinator is, but if that means bringing beer, then I'll do it! -Michael
- Michael: King, J.G., and Hillyer, J.F. (2012). Infection-Induced Interaction between the Mosquito Circulatory and Immune Systems. PLoS Pathog 8, e1003058
- Mara: in Science, current issue: Fruit Flies Medicate Offspring After Seeing Parasites, Balint Z. Kacsoh, Zachary R. Lynch, Nathan T. Mortimer, Todd A. Schlenke
- Faye: Anopheles NF-κB-regulated splicing factors direct pathogen-specific repertoires of the hypervariable pattern recognition receptor AgDscam
- Kate: Murdock, C.C., Paaijmans, K.P., Cox-Foster, D., Read, A.F., and Thomas, M.B. (2012). Rethinking vector immunology: the role of environmental temperature in shaping resistance. Nat Rev Microbiol 10, 869–876.
Mosquito immunity review: Yassine, H., and Osta, M.A. (2010). Anopheles gambiae innate immunity. Cell Microbiol 12, 1–9
Back to lab meetings page.