Access to Internet
- Via Ethernet:
- Your computer will be connected to the internet without any ID/password.
- Via Wireless:
- Your computer should detect the wireless network "KelleyGroup". Ask Mehdi or a veteran lab member for the Network Key.
- Most of the lab computers are connected to the internet. Please make sure that the systems are always secured by an effective and updated antivirus.
- In your computer add the network places \\220.127.116.11\sokgroup and \\18.104.22.168\uvvis via "My Network Places\Add a Network Place". Ask Mehdi or a veteran lab member for the ID/password.
- To install the Lexmark printer located in the PB Rm 1252: Click “Add a Printer” (in Control Panel\Printers and Faxes\). Then, choose A Network Printer in the next page. In the list of available printers, select “Lexmark X543 PS3” (in 22.214.171.124) and follow the instructions.
- Backup your data FREQUENTLY. You may want to use Subversion for managing your backup data.
- Put a copy of your presentations in the Data Server (\\126.96.36.199\sokgroup) inside the folder Group Presentations
- Lab notebooks are the property of the lab and must stay in the lab. You can however make copies of every detail in the notebooks. Lab notebooks should be prepared considering the following points
- Keep a neat and detailed notebook.
- Every report should have a title and date.
- Enter all your work in the notebook, even if the procedures did not work.
- All abbreviations along with their full names should be included at the end of the notebook.
Note that the above instructions are for Windows. If you are using a different operating system and/or if you need help ask Mehdi.