Kelley:Guideline for newcomers
Registration and Keys
Access to Internet
- Via Ethernet:
- Your computer will be connected to the internet without any ID/password.
- Via Wireless:
- Your computer should detect the wireless network "KelleyGroup". Ask the Webmaster or a fellow lab member for the Network Key.
- Most of the lab computers are connected to the internet. Please make sure that the systems are always secured by an effective and updated antivirus.
- In your computer add the network place \\184.108.40.206\sokgroup via "My Network Places\Add a Network Place". Ask the Webmaster or a fellow lab member for the ID/password.
- To install the Lexmark Printer located in the PB Rm 1252: Click “Add a Printer” (in Control Panel\Printers and Faxes\). Then, choose A Network Printer in the next page. In the list of available printers, select 220.127.116.11\Lexmark X543 PS3 and follow the instructions.
- To use the Lexmark Scanner located in the PB Rm 1252 see Scanner Instructions.
- Note that the above instructions are for Windows. If you are using a different operating system and/or need help ask the Webmaster.
General lab etiquette
- Go to EHS Training Home and register for the next available "Laboratory Chemical Safety Training" course. You must attend also two other courses " Laboratory Biosafety Training" and "Blood-borne Pathogens Training". To regsiter for these courses go to EHS Training Home
- See Lab Manager for lab-specific safety training