Klapperich Lab:Notebook/Lab Meeting Notes/2008/11/11

From OpenWetWare

Jump to: navigation, search
Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

11 November 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda

† Hussam's research report today.

† Announcements

  • Your personal priorities have been emailed to you by me. Please take note.


† Flu R01

  • Courier service! Sample transport set up.
  • Plaque assay status -- plaques and everything!Yeah!
  • Mark - status of fixture?


† SEPSIS Project - CIMIT Bird Flu

  • Cathie working on paper.


†RNA project

  • Jeff Braman will visit in early Dec.
  • Do cDNA prep. Spec, gels, send to Jeff B. Shipping?

† COBRA

  • Mark- Control circuit?
  • Bacteria Experiment - Changing the teflon filter.
  • Pluronic results? - straight channels. Treated/non, pluronic better. NEED UPDATE FROM JD
  • Substrates - JZ tried with more gold and do all SEM/sample testing.


† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)

  • Status from Mark? - valves in transit somewhere.
  • Frank should talk with Alex, Mark, and Jaephil and make sure we are not duplicating efforts/making something that is too big for portability.
  • Frank met with Mark on Friday, has concerns along the lines of the above comment (duplicating efforts etc.) that will hopefully be addressed during/after lab meeting.


† Fraunhofer: LOAC

  • Primer/dimer issue. Talked with QQ. We do not appear to have this problem with our chips.


† Biointerfaces group

  • Mask made. Chrome mask.
  • Preliminary E. coli experiment is ongoing.


† CIMIT- Colson Grant

  • Preliminary plan for IRB submission at Harvard in place. Target date 1/1/09
  • STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)


† PCR

  • Cathie look up her flu assay specs.
  • Improve the gel concentration 1.2% agarose. See if you can separate out primer dimers.
  • Look into Melting temp analysis on the 7300 - can only do with Sonali's assay.
  • Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - helped a bit.

* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture.

  • MinCheol's designs. Done. Data looks the same as old design. Extension time not long enough.
  • Will do extension design with lambda phage assay.
  • Mincheol will work on DNA migration simulation after IMECE 2008.


† RCA

  • Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.


† Senior project

  • Megan has mask designs, JD will check, send out this week.
  • Depth of channels, check with JD and Sonali, because Sonali will be able to tell you how much assay volume.
  • Mark will help/learn SU8 step.
  • Teddy doing off chip controls work. Will consult with Megan and JD to get interface design going. Software control, too..LabVIEW.
  • Valves in the mail --- find them! (MARK)


† F31: Cochlea

  • Made changes and gsve to Cathie.


† Silica Optimization (Lambda):

  • De-inhibit Methyl Methacrylate (100ml), put in fridge, make new columns.
  • Ongoing. More concentrations.
  • Pico Green assay figured out.
  • Ethanol precipitation protocol and preparation of sodium acetate. ASAP.



Personal tools