16 December 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Check with B&G about compressed air and vacuum?
- No meeting on 12/23 or 12/30
- Meeting Time for Spring Semester is THURSDAYS 3-5pm ROOM 705. Stating 1/8/09. See Lab Calendar for dates.
† Flu R01
- First samples?
- Plaque Assay.
- Alex needs to be trained to make SU molds. Trained to make the monoliths (by Hussam By 1/15/09).
† SEPSIS Project
- Sonali working on first draft of new version paper by 12/25. Journal?
- Hussam working on Lambda phage data.
- Report to Jeff from Cathie.
- Do cDNA prep. Spec, gels, send to Jeff B. Shipping?
- Mark- Control circuit - This will be done by January.
- Evap quantification experiments ongoing. Still working on live/dead assay.(JD, JZ)
- problems: dead but green in the end
- called tech support.
- tests: supernatant fluorescent? excessive dye to observe time-lapse change in green/red ratio.
- omit washing step before dilution: wash, dye, incubate, dilute, instead of wash, dye, incubate, wash, dilute
- try running the experiment first, then running the live/dead dye through second.
- new set made, in glove box: the 1st 3 on the DOE. SERS signal strong, SEM today
- need to add humidity as it changes even in the glove box
- Colloid experiment. inconclusive. Look at SEMs
- difficulty in locating the bacteria
- needs much higher particle/bacteria ratio
- experiments outside the channel first?
- Prospectus framework/discussion: target the end of this week 1/23/09.
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Turn over platform to Teddy
- TEDDY needs to meet with Mark.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Strobe experiments? Jason cannot do them, perhaps MCK can. MCK will talk to Jason this week.
- Made new design for trapper.
- Mask writer was broken.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- IRB still going/ revisions by tomorrow to Ian. Target date 1/1/09
- STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)
- Improve the gel concentration 1.2% agarose. See if you can separate out primer dimers. UPDATE?
- Look into Melting temp analysis on the 7300 - Done. what is contaminated?
- Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - helped a bit. ON HOLD
* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture. ON HOLD
- Try microscope for looking a fluor. Learn how to look at the data in Image J
- 52, 60, 65 C repeats.
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
† Senior project
- Megan 1)did some preliminary bonding with Zeonex and teflon film. 2) emailed off the Mask Design to FineLine
† F31: Cochlea
- Set up adviser meeting Jan
- Post Gent vs. Pre gent - 4 proteins. 3/4 no change.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Update by 12/24.
- Do three elutions.
- Next E. coli.