2 June 2009 Lab Meeting
- SIGN UP FOR NEW LAB DUTIES WITH SONALI.
- Short small team meetings. 45 min each week?
Suggested groups... please edit. Teams
1. PCR= QQ, MCK, MM
2. Bacteria = JZ, JD
3. Flu = MM, JZ, HM, JC, BC
3. Lysis? = AG, HM?
- MicroTAS Abstracts accepted. (4) Papers due June 30th.
† Flu R01
- RNA extraction troubleshooting.
- Absolute Quantification assays: TH this week.
† Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project
- Fraun folks coming to get trained next week. RNA isolation.
- IBC for Fraun flu. approved?
† SEPSIS Project
- Test with sol-gel substrate today(2nd June)
- delayed due to difficulty adjusting membrane thickness
- Evap system (JD and JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on
paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate.
paper 2: Covap with PMA, Rhodamine, PS beads?...virus...?
† Virus concentration
† Valve Array
- Teddy will give training presentation(guide).
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Paper revised.
- Bonding ongoing with MIT folks
† Biointerfaces group
- Schedule a meeting next week of all collaborators to discuss submission details.
- found a method of double stacking SU-8 using mask-aligner for making Herringbone grooves.
- investigate the stability under different Peclet numbers (ratio of hydrodynamic force and Brownian force).
- asked Brett to take a photo of the device for the paper.
- MC and Jason will get SEM images of PDMS mold with thin gold coating of nano-size on its surface.
- draft paper2 will be started soon.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- PCR 2 paper draft.
- developed PEG-coating protocol, need do on-chip experiment. Do you need to use PEG-NH2? hoe about just PEG terminate PEG?
- Getting solution back out is still an issue.
- Integrated chip worked (19th). Accumulating multiple runs. (Check into primer lifetime)
- Evaporation problems near edges. Maybe design change?
- Teflon issue with the enzyme? Check into it.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Present Bioan. Data to Jeff.
- Get lower Bioan. Kit.