29 April 2010 Lab Meeting
- Senior Project Practice presentations.
- May 6 Lab meeting cancelled
- Email me times that you CANNOT make for lab meetings starting May 13th.
‡ Flu R01:Integration
- meetings every other M 1-3pm. 725.
- for PCR just do more reactions, pool and etoh precipitate.
- For HDA, we need to explore cloning. Waiting for the competent cells.
- dxs PCR primers worked for HDA in tube. Still no positive results on chip.
- Check other methods of heating.
† HDA (Lead:Sonali)
- IBC Approval or 720 to work with real C.diff samples.
- Patient Samples - dilution experiments (MM/SH)
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 10/5/10. MM, CMK.
- HDA mix in dried form - Expecting it from BH -- ON HOLD.
- QQ preliminary chip work
- Sequence all output
- 2nd HDA design - "microSPE" + "Flu primer" + "HDA in a cup" + "Detection kit from Biohelix"
† Sample Concentration (Lead: Jane, Team: Jaephil)
- Straight channel adhesion test PCR result from PDMS-PDMS, PDMS-Teflon channels reported: in a shorter time (<1hr), more collection from Teflon channel, regardless of wide/narror. In a long time up to 5 hr, Teflon or PDMS, narrow or wide didn't have difference
- Now making COP test chips for testing COP-Teflon channel adhesion. The same method will be followed
- New design integrating evap + SPE in progress. Will cut to test prototype.
† SPE Column Optimization for DNA/RNA. (Lead: )
- (Almost done) Jessie will run chips with serial virus dilutions from 1:1 to 1:1,000,000 to re-do previous dilution experimnent with WHO SYBR green assay on chip.
† Integrated chip for flu(SPE+RT+PCR) (Lead: Qingqing)
- Real copy number of previous human samples. So QQ is working with the higher concentration samples. Range is 10^6-10^8 of copy number/ml.
- REVISIT the % recovery number.
- QQ tried: more enzyme, Tween 20, BSA amounts.
- integrated flu chip paper has been send to cathie, wait for revision.
- PCR1 will combine with PCR2, waitting for revision (CMK)
‡C. diff Project (Cathie, Sonali, Satish Singh, Lisa J., His post doc )
- Discuss Project Goals Today
‡ Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project (Lead: Sonali, Team: Sonali, Jessie, Cathie, CMI Folks, Qingqing)
- New meeting time, T, 9:30 am every other week. MEETINGS CANCELLED NEXT WEEK (4/20).
‡ Agilent Automated Sample Preparation (Lead: Alex)
- Paper on HotDog - with CMK/ASB
‡ COBRA (Lead: Jaephil, Team: Cathie, Jane for virus only, PHO folks)
- Evap paper - Back to Jane 4/29.
‡ Biointerfaces group (Lead: MinCheol, Team: Cathie, MCK, Wong and Meller folks)
* Cathie sent latest draft to MCK.
‡ CIMIT- Sepsis (Lead:Cathie, Team:TBA)
- Sample collection ongoing.
‡ PATH Grant (Lead:Cathie, Team:Frank, Sean, Mark, Jake Trueb (ME))
- Frank: Final report submitted 4/23. Final presentation 4/30. Met with Sam Byrnes last Wednesday to start training. Soon to be compiling documents/organizing supplies for continuing work on project.
- Sean: Data for 700 nm and 150 nm analyzed and it shows that 700 is better overall, and is best in the 60 - 80 SPE range. Final report almost complete and due tomorrow (4/23). I will get stuff together and leave my notebook for future research as well.
- Mark: as of 4/15/10 up to 30% recovery from 10 ng input sample with water elution. Also up to 13% recovery with 100ng/straw. 1-week trial completed as of 3/24. Results peak at 20% (-70C) and decrease with temperature. 2-month and 1-month trials complete, resulting in further degradation than in the 1-week trial. 4- and 6-month trials still in storage. Final Report draft submitted, due tomorrow. Presentation next Friday 4/30. Lab notebook will be updated and ready for future PATH SNAP workers.
‡ IIH Senior Project.
- Ordered new HRP substrate. waiting for delivery
- Will run ELISA in chip and image for standard curve.
- finalizing report