Klapperich Lab:Photografting to Zeonor Slides
This protocol describes the procedure for grafting PEG-acrylate to Zeonor slides.
- PEG acrylate
- Ethylene Glycol
- 2-Dimethoxy-2-acetophenone (DMPAP)
- Zeonor slides
- Weigh out 35 mg DMPAP
- Clean plastic slide with EtOH, then rinse with Millipore water
- Plasma treat surface of plastic slide for 2 min on medium
- Mix DMPAP with 800uL Ethylene Glycol and 1200uL PEG-acrylate in 2mL tube to get 60% PEG-acrylate solution
- Heat solution in hot water bath at 85°C until DMPAP crystals have melted
- Vortex solution
- Add solution in uniform layer plastic slide
- Photograft slide in UV Crosslinker for 30 seconds on maximum energy
- Rinse with MeOH and let dry under hood
- remove excess poly-PEG acrylate
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding ('''~~~~''') to the end of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.