- Nic Weber 11:47, 27 September 2010 (EDT):First DC collection policy meeting took place on 9/24 -- Outcomes:
- Need to continue conversation, revolving around drafts
- Recognize uniqueness of the document, unsure whether it is to be internal or external
- Fits into vision of data managment plan
- Important for our scope to highlight what we want to collect, but also what we will not collect.
- Important to provide direction for researchers where to deposit (if not with us) by directing them to other
Big Questions Remaining:
- Data types
- Board of collection
- What we mean by deaccession
- Nic Weber 11:50, 27 September 2010 (EDT): Starting to draft policy.
I am going to lay out the policy based on two document unrelated in scope, but whose content/format we really like:
And ICPSR: 
- Nic Weber 13:11, 27 September 2010 (EDT): This morning flushed out Intro, Users and Started Scope sections. Quickly realizing I'd like the Subject area be a place for defining (even broadly) where the collection can go). The Zero Draft can be located here: Image:CollectionPolicy.doc