The Biblio extension for MediaWiki written by Martin Jambon allows users to define and cite bibliographic entries by their key. It also downloads bibliographic references from PubMed and formats them using only the PubMed identifier (PMID). Similarly, books can be cited using their ISBN. OpenWetWare is currently using version 0.7.
How to use
To insert a list of references type
// you can even leave a comment on a paper
Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Error fetching PMID 6947258:
- Error fetching PMID 13718526:
you can even leave a comment on a paper
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.
- Cite keys cannot contain either periods (.) or colons (:). They can contain dashes.
- Some references, particularly old ones will yield references with odd formatting or absent information. (See the Jacob 1961 reference above for an example). This is due to the information in the relevant database (like Pubmed). If this bothers you, you can replace the call to the pubmed data with a correctly formatted citation. (e.g. replace " #Jacob-JMB-1961 pmid=13718526" with " #Jacob-JMB-1961 Jacob F and Monod J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol 1961 Jun; 3 318-56. ") This does "break" the all pubmed links, however. This feature can also be useful if your reference is not in the Pubmed or ISBN databases.