Interested in helping make OpenWetWare better? Here is a list of new features requested by members of the community. Most of them require no more experience then knowledge about wiki-editing to implement, so please help out! If you can't find a project here that interests you, also check out the ideas area or contact us and we will help you find somewhere to help out. Thanks!
Make a "How to use the special recent changes extenstion" tutorial
- Project page: OpenWetWare:Software/Special recent changes tutorial
- Project leader: ?
- Description: This is a really great extension, but is quite hard to figure out how to set it up. In particular, I think more usage of this extension would help labs to get the excitement of seeing their lab mates' recent edits without them being drowned out in the normal recent changes area.
OWW merchandise ;)
- Project page: OpenWetWare:Design/T-shirt, OpenWetWare:Design/Sticker
- Project leader: Jennyn
- Description: Could imagine sending a few t-shirts out to new labs as a welcoming present. Also, could setup one of those cafe press stores where you can get the logo on whatever - like a coffee cup! woohoo!
Make a "How to setup a lab web site on OWW" tutorial
- Project page: Help:Starting a lab wiki
- Project leader: Reshma Shetty
- Description: It is a bit challenging still to setup your lab page on OWW. The most common mistake is that people will not use a namespace, and then someone will end up explaining it to the person over email / talk page / etc, which isn't really efficient. Think a tutorial here would be a net time-saver. The tutorial has been started but needs to be flushed out further. For example, there is currently nothing about creating a lab template.
- Status: The tutorial is posted. It could be flushed out a bit more but is probably in pretty decent shape.