The NanoThermal Bioengineering Laboratory (NT-BEL) focuses on fundamental understanding of the bio-nano interface and translating this to biomedical applications. Current efforts focus on the thermo-plasmonic fundamentals and its effects at the interface between biological systems and nanomaterials. Specifically, experimental techniques and methods will be developed to understand the effects of nanoparticle plasmonic heating on proteins and other biomolecules immediately surrounding the nanoparticle. This leads to new enabling tools for fundamental research, and to applications in both diagnostic and therapeutic areas.
We are always inviting the most motivated individuals to join our laboratory and the growth and success of our team members are our highest priority. With the interdisciplinary nature of the work, we seek and recruit talented candidates with different backgrounds (engineering, biology, chemistry etc).
PhD Positions Available
One Postdoc Positions Available Immediately in the area of brain tumor drug delivery and blood-brain barrier
Official job posting
- 12/09/2016 Journal paper led by Dr. Xiuying Li was accepted by Advanced Functional Materials.
- 11/07/2016 NT-BEL research by Dr. Xiuying Li on the brain will be featured at NSF's booth during SfN.
- 08/25/2016 Dr. Qin is invited to participate in a Special Emphasize Panel (SEP) for NIH.
- 08/18/2016 NSF news release on the brain project. NSF funds new integrative approaches to study the brain
- 08/09/2016 Dr. Xiuying Li receives a postdoctoral fellowship to continue her research at NT-BEL. Congratulations!
- 08/09/2016 NT-BEL receives a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant. Congratulations!
- 07/25/2016 NT-BEL welcomes several new members: Colin Mahar (new PhD student), Jaona Randrianalisoa (visiting professor), and Maud Serre (visiting student).
- 07/21/2016 New article on quantifying gold nanoparticle heating generation
- 07/02/2016 NT-BEL attended SB3C conference. Dr. Qin chaired the session for Thermal Treatment and Hyperthermia. Peiyuan gave a podium and poster presentation.
- 06/27/2016 UTD news release features CPRIT grant.
- 05/18/2016 NT-BEL receives a CPRIT grant. Congratulations! Here is CPRIT news release
- 01/15/2016 NT-BEL will present several conference papers at 2016 ASME NanoEngineering in Medicine and Biology (NEMB) Conference. Dr. Qin will chair sessions on Nanoparticle Engineering and Temperature-sensitive Nanomedicine.
- 10/07/2015 A conference paper from NTBEL was accepted at 2015 NIH-IEEE Strategic Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point of Care Technologies for Precision Medicine (HI-POCT’15). Congratulations to Aravind and Peiyuan!
- 08/18/2015 NT-BEL receives a UT System grant. Congratulations! Here is UTD news release
- 08/17/2015 Jesse won the Second Prize in CAST STAR (Science Tech Academic Research) Awards. Congratulations!
- 06/08/2015 NT-BEL receives a TexasMRC grant. Congratulations!
- 06/05/2015 Welcome new member, Dr. Xiuying Li, to join NT-BEL as a postdoctoral fellow!
- 05/22/2015 Welcome new Mechanical Engineering graduate student, Baileigh Darnell, to join NT-BEL!
- 04/20/2015 ASME 2015 4th Global Conference on Nanoengineering for Medicine and Biology (NEMB): Dr. Qin presented an invited talk and chaired a session on Emerging Topics for Nanotherapeutics II.
- 03/26/2015 After a few months of setup, NT-BEL is up and ready for experiments.
- 01/02/2015 Welcome two new Mechanical Engineering graduate students, Aravind Revuru and Peiyuan (Alvin) Kang, to join our research group!
- 10/30/2014 NT-BEL is actively looking a post-doctoral researcher with experience in nanomaterials (synthesis, bioconjugation and characterization), and its biomedical applications in drug delivery or cancer therapeutics. Interested candidates can send a cover letter, CV, top 3 publications and references to Dr. Qin (Zhenpeng.Qin@utdallas.edu).
- Texas Medical Research Collaborative (TexasMRC)
- UT Brain Initiative
- Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
© 2015 Zhenpeng Qin