Synthetic Biology:Semantic web ontology/RDF Schema
- ‘semantically extends’ RDF to enable us to talk about classes of resources, and the properties that will be used with them
- provides the means to describe application specific RDF vocabularies
- provides schema information as additional descriptions of resources, but does not prescribe how these descriptions should be used by an application
- describes classes (corresponds to the generic concept of a Type or Category) and properties
RDF schemas differ somewhat from XML schemas (such as DTDs or W3C XML Schemas) in that they do not define a permissible syntax but instead classes, properties, and their interrelation: they operate directly at the data model level, rather than the syntax level
- RDF Vocabulary Description Language 1.0: RDF Schema - W3C Recommendation
- RDF Schema Vocabulary Reference
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.