BE UG Board Meeting
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center
- Welcome and Attendance
- Associate Advising - email another reminder to AA's after spring break
- Study Breaks
- Thursday after spring break (after 330 exam) -- Ice Cream; Vermonster Study Break (deliver to 77 Mass Ave this time)
- 380 exam study break -- thoughts?
- Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
- April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)- confirmed by Bryan Owens
- Emzo will talk to seniors
- Dan Darling Internship Session
- Marta - send email out to recap?
- ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
- Fill out questionnaire on (1) electives (2) post-MIT plans
- Questions we will ask?
- Discuss whatever you want to - curriculum, life after MIT, professional development...anything, complaints, praise, wild rambling ideas.
- Tues/Thurs, noon, week before spring break
- Potential Dates: week of April 6th, MWF 12-1:30, 1-2:30 (more causal, planned by BEUG)
- advertise both sessions even though one more formal vs. less formal
- April 10 (1-2pm), following BATS
- April 15 (12-1pm)
- Still waiting to hear back about when this week we will meet with Professor Griffith
- UG Lounge
- posters - Cathy put them in lounge
- who will put them up?
- Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
- keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room (go through catalog and pick one out, comfy seats to nap, etc.
- Marta found size - 15x5 ft.
- need to make specific list (for Fraenkel and Cathy) with whiteboard dimensions, specific couch size, etc to order
- suggestions box in lounge this week - Bernice
- BE Gear Ideas
- sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
- Mugs - Alex - updates?
- Cathy has vendor catalogue
- Message on lounge board "BE Tumbler or Mug? Tally"
- Maryelise emailed Linda about 20.310 TA's
- Griffith emailed out about 20.310 TA, waiting for response
- Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
- Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
- Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
- Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
- Next meeting with Linda Griffith/BE-BMES - when?
- The BioTECH
- Got some responses from email
- Mike Yee may write about BEUB
- Meeting after spring break
- Lunches with BE Faculty
- Lecture Series
- Pre-meeting with proposal/google doc/make a proposal (Bernice)
- Kimberly Bernard
- Choosing your Major Open House
- Emzo, Emilienne
- March 31st
- Make a Sophomore Rep
- Next BEUB meeting =