- Complete the procedure as outlined by Dr.Hartings here.
- Observe activity of pepsin and pepstatin in samples of hemoglobin.
- Observe activity using UV-Vis after certain intervals of time.
- At each measured interval take a sample of solution and stop the reaction to observe using SDS-PAGE.
- Note that the hemoglobin had a concentration of 2nm in the pepsin solution.
- Note that the hemoglobin had a concentration of 20nm in the pepstatin solution.
- This graph represents the absorbance spectra of each hemoglobin and pepsin or hemoglobin and pepstatin solution at each time interval.
- It is worth noting that it is believed that the pepsin used wasn't active. This is because their wasn't a drastic difference between samples including pepsin and pepstatin.