- Anugraha Raman
- Harvard College
- I'm a Junior concentrating in "Biomedical Engineering" with a secondary interest in
"Global Health & Health Policy".
- 2012, AB, Biomedical Engineeringwith a Secondary in Global Health & Health Policy Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
My research interests include Synthetic Biology, Bioethics & Gene patenting, Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing and the use of personal genomics for diagnostics.
- Synthetic Biology: The emerging potential for personal genomics to be used as point-of-care diagnostic tools is fascinating. Also, I am intrigued by the implications of the design of a minimal cell.
- Bioethics & Gene Patenting: I'm outreach chair for HUBS, and am particularly interested in the evolving "state of gene patenting"
- Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing: Living cells that can be programmed to sense, process a set of "instructions" and respond to these "instructions."
Recent research experience includes:
- Summer ’10 Harvard iGEM Team: Engineered personalized hypo-allergenic foods using RNAi techniques
- Fall ’09 and Spring ’10: Engineered optical communication in yeast via mating type switching
- Fall ’09 LS100r: Synthetic biology research on 3D nanostructures using caDNAno and PCR techniques
- Summer ’09 Harvard iGEM Team: Engineered optically communicating yeast and bacteria
- Spring ’09 LS100r: Synthetic biology research on in vivo computing using RNAi techniques
- 9/’06-5/’07, 9/’07-5/’08 DSHS: Computational biology tools- Blast, ClustalW, BioPython
I don't have any publications of my own yet, but I find these interesting:
Error fetching PMID 9563938:
Error fetching PMID 19458720:
- Error fetching PMID 19478183:
- Error fetching PMID 9563938:
- Error fetching PMID 19458720: