To synthesize invertase-AuNPs and BSA-AuNPs.
Creating the Gold Stock Solution
- Add 0.0345 g of HAuCl4·3H2O to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of gold stock was 3.59 mM.
Creating the Invertase Stock Solution
- Add 0.1015 g of invertase to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of invertase stock was 30.07μM
Creating the BSA Stock Solution
- Add 0.0432 g of BSA to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of BSA stock was 21.8 mM.
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were synthesized:
- Gold to Invertase Ratio
- Gold to BSA Ratio
- As seen below, the corresponding amount of protein was added to a 50 mL volumetric flask and filled with distilled water. The samples were made in small test tubes and capped with aluminum foil.
- The samples were heated at 80°C for 4 hours.
- The BSA stock concentration was calculated incorrectly. We will remake the BSA-AuNP solutions tomorrow.