Learn how to maintain an OpenWetWare Notebook.
- Extracted contents of the HCl Lysozyme dialysis
- These were placed into 1.5mL centrifuge tubes for further testing
- Ran titrations
- Michael preformed the titrations
- The procedure may be viewed on Dr.Fox's page here.
- Created new SDS Page Solutions
- Mixed 10 μL 0.6 g/L lysozyme with 10μL SDS-PAGE sample buffer in 1.5 mL centrifuge vial
- Mixed 10 μL 0.12 g/L lysozyme with 10μL SDS-PAGE sample buffer in 1.5 mL centrifuge vial
- Mixed 10 μL 30:1 Au/lysozyme colloid with 10μL SDS-PAGE sample buffer in 1.5 mL centrifuge vial
- Mixed 10 μL 0.12 g/L unknown protein with 10 μL SDS-PAGE sample buffer in 1.5 mL centrifuge vial
- Placed in heating block (set at 90 °C) for 5 minutes
- Stored in refrigerator overnight
- Created a Potassium Phosphate Buffer
- The original protocol asked to make the buffer using KH2PO4 and 1M KOH
- We opted to use the monobasic and dibasic species of the molecule to obtain the desired pH of 6.24
To make the Potassium Phosphate buffer we used:
- 0.0839g of K2HPO4
- 0.2888g of KHPO4
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.