Starter Culture Preparation
- Take out 4 aliquots of 4 mLs of broth from the 75 mL LB broth solution prepared last week and put into 4 test tubes
- To each tube, add bacteria by scraping frozen bacteria (BL21 E. coli) with a micropipette tip (should be about 5 uL). Do this in a sterile environment (flame)
- Place the tubes on a shaker at 37°C overnight.
Agar Plate Preparation
- Agar plate solution was prepared by adding 12.5 g LB and 10 g agar to 500 mL water.
- The solution was autoclaved for one hour
- Once the solution was cooled, 25 mL aliquots were poured into Petri dishes.
- This made about 20 agar plates
- The plates were left in the fridge to set
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.