The purpose of the present experiment was to synthesize gold nanoparticle solution and fibers.
- test tube 1: 70 Au : 1 BSA ratio - typically results in solution, but want to try to make it aggregate
- test tube 2: 166 Au : 1 BSA ratio- typically results in aggregate, but want to try to make solution
test tube 1 (70)
- 50 min in 80 degree oven, ten min on ice
- 1 mL 17.7 µM BSA + 0.9869 mL 2.9 mM Au+ 8.013 mL water
test tube 2 (166)
- 1 hour in 80 degree C heat bath
- 1 mL 17.7 µM BSA + 2.34 mL 2.9 mM Au + 6.66 mL water
test tube 1
- purple brain slowly formed
- fibers throughout solution which consolidated
test tube 2
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.