Microwave Assisted Acid Base Hydrolysis
- determine how much BSA is used in AuNP
- pull apart and cut into individual AA
- will examine spectra of tryptophan- look around 280
- 100 µL AuNP
- 100 µL 6 M HCl - until colorless
- put 200 µL 4 M NaOH
- 100 µL solution and put in pipette tube
- 2 µL DTT
- stick in microwave next to flask of water a microwave for 2 min
- UV vis
- blank- use 100 µL of water instead of AuNP to make blank
- repeat for 2 different concentrations of BSA
- tried adding 100 µL 4 M NaOH + 100 µL of AuNP in plastic pipette tube
- glass 50 µL 6 M HCl + 100 µL AuNP in glass
- 40 µL of 1 mg/ml BSA in water with 2 µL of 450 mM DTT
- Add 40 µL of 2 M NaOH in a 1.5 ml polypropylene vial
- Capped and placed in microwave 1000 W Power
- With excess energy being absorbed by 100 ml of water in loosely covered container beside
- Microwave sample for 30-30 s and UV-Vis was measured
- put acid in first
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.