User:Maxwell James Haddan
NSF QP Member
- Maxwell James Haddan
- 111 S. River Rd.
- West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2009, Honors BS in Biology, Purdue University
- 2005, Academic Honors Degree, Evansville Central High School
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Internship Recipient
- NSF Funded Quantitative Physiology Internship Recipient
- Honors Undergraduate Biological Research
- Dean’s List, All Semesters, Purdue University
- Semester Honors, All Semesters, Purdue University
- Accepted into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Accepted into the Golden Key International Honour Society
- January 2008 – Present – Biology Lab Assistant for Dr. Camarillo, West Lafayette, IN
- contributed to colleagues with breast cancer research in cell lines and rats
- performed BSA analysis and western blots for the treated cell lines
- January 2007 – January 2008 – Biology Lab Assistant for Dr. Hollenbeck, West Lafayette, IN
- assisted colleagues with isolating and inoculating plasmid DNA into E. coli
- maintained lab equipment, solutions, and sterility
- January 2007 – August 2007 – Purdue ITAP Computer Lab Assistant, West Lafayette, IN
- managed computer labs on campus
- helped students and faculty with computer problems
- February 2006 – January 2007 – Server, Café Hookah, West Lafayette, IN
- mastered excellent customer service skills
- computed and governed personal financial information
- July 2004 – Present – Graphic and Web Design, Freelance
- designed advertisements using the Adobe Creative Suite
- refined company web pages
- May 2003 – August 2007 – Shift Manager, Bob Walther’s Golf-n-Fun Center
- supervised and motivated employees on shift and the facility
- calculated shift earnings and managed money
Affiliations and Activities
- Purdue Scuba Diving Club - President
- Sophomore Biology Laboratories Teaching Assistant
- Honors Freshman Biology Student Mentor
- Quantitative Physiology Outreach Program in Evansville, IN High Schools
- Purdue SpringFest Volunteer
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certified
- Purdue First Year Honors Engineering and Learning Community
- Purdue Pre-Medicine Club member
- Purdue Helping Paws (Humane Society) member and Veterinarian School Greyhound Walker
- Purdue All American Marching Band and Pep Band – Alto Saxophone and Tenors
- Proficient in Mac, Windows, UNIX and Linux based systems
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple iLife, Apple iWork
The Early Years
A member of Generation X, Maxwell James Haddan was born on September 18th, 1986 in Evansville, Indiana. This town would later serve as a stabilizing anchor during the years at Purdue University, but for now, it remained nothing more than "home."
Haddan began his academic career at Old North United Methodist Pre-School, where he began to make what would later become life-long friendships. Along with school, Haddan began experimenting with his father's drum set, quickly developing a sense of rhythm and time.
After graduating from Pre-School Summa Cum Laude, Haddan went on to Highland Elementary School to further his mandatory education needs. While at Highland, Haddan continued to develop the friendships he started in Pre-School while also excelling in every area of his academics. His only B in elementary school occurred when Haddan broke his thumb and could not draw well enough in art class. While this scarred his academic record forever, Haddan remained resilient as he moved into the honors curriculum in middle school.
Thompkins Middle School proved to be a life changing three years for Haddan. Along with the rest of his classmates, Haddan matured into his teenage years with the assistance of countless experiences of gradification, depression, success, anxiety, etc. Closing the chapter on the Early Years, Haddan graduated Thompkins Middle School with an Academic Honors degree and prepared to enter the melting pot known as high school.
The Latter Years
Haddan began Evansville Central High School in the fall of 2001.
The College Years
In the fall of 2005, Haddan began his academic career at Purdue University in the Honors Freshman Engineering program and learning community.
While it is difficult to glimpse into the future, Haddan is expected to attend medical school for the pursuit of a career in psychiatry. As he finishes his academic career at Purdue University, he is expecting to begin his medical school career in the fall of 2009.