- Rob Smith, Brigham Young University, Department of Computer Science, Provo, UT 84602
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Machine Learning Lab in the Computer Science Department at Brigham Young University. I am also an honorary member of the Prince lab at BYU, giving algorithmic insight on quantitation problems.
- 2015 (expected), PhD, BYU, CS with emphasis in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- 2012, MS, BYU, CS
- 2007, BS, University of MD, Baltimore County, CS
My research focuses on computational mass spectrometry, a term I coined to refer to the algorithmic aspects of interpreting mass spectrometry data. Currently my focus is on algorithms for high throughput:
- Direct infusion (shotgun) lipidomics quantitation
- LC/MS lipidomics quantitation
- Proteomics quantitation
- Lipidomics / proteomics registration
- Lipidomics / proteomics case/control differentiation
- Lipid labelling
- Composition from Non-musical Inspiration Sources. Robert Smith, Aaron Dennis and Dan Ventura, International Conference on Computational Creativity 2012.