WangLab:Confocal Microscopy Usage
Confocal Microscopy Processes:
- Do not touch the fiber cable for Laser!
- If you want to change objectives, see Jerry!
- Turn on Arc Lamp first.
- Turn on Laser Power, Make sure the laser is on Standby mode (Standby light should be on). Turn the key to On->Start->On on laser.
- Turn the key on the laser set besides microscopy to On (Off->Spinning->On).
- Turn on computer, Turn on camera, turn on controllers for Stage, filter shutter
- Get into Simple PCI, Select file->manage profiles->Simple PCI 5.0
- Click on the camera icon, Choose Monochrome for single staining (you can choose other options based on your exp.), Select filter set, for FITC, it is 488/525.
- Only one small drop of oil on lens (must be Olympus oil), mount sample slide, Turn on the regular light lamp, focus the sample with eyepiece.
- Turn off regular light, switch to SP (side port?).
- Turn the switch from Standby to On on the shelf laser controller.
- After experiment, turn the key on the shelf to Off, the key besides the microscopy to Off (On->Spinning->Off).
- Lower Objective, take off sample, clean lens (wipe off the oil excess with dry lens paper, and clean the lens with lens paper with lens cleaning solution).
- If the noise from laser is gone, turn off the power switch of laser on the shelf.
- Turn off light lamp.
- Change simple PCI profile to Null
- Turn off camera, controllers for shutter and stage.
- Turn off computer after image analysis.