- Added total volume (10.0 μL) to 50 μL chemically competent cells (e.g., BL21) in a 2.0 mL tube.
- Incubated on ice for 2 min., heat shock at 42°C for exactly 45 sec., and placed on ice.
- Added 800 μL sterile SOC medium.
- Grow with shaking at 37°C for 30 min.(Taped tubes to the shaker rack.)
- Pelleted the cells at top speed in a microcentrifuge for 3 min. at room temperature.
- Discarded the supernatant. Resuspended the cells in 100 μL LB + antibiotic.
- Plate cells on pre-warmed LB agar + antibiotic. (I plated 100 μL of the cells. Then put beads on plates and shook.) Protocol didn't specify.) Grow overnight at 37°C.
- Check results tomorrow.