|iGEM Project name 1|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Testing apparatus with NaCl at different concentrations
• 3 plates with 0.05M NaCl (0.02922g in 10mL)
• 3 plates with 0.005M NaCl (0.02922g in 100mL)
• 3 plates with 0.001M NaCl (0.01461g in 250mL)
dilute to each concentration then put 10 mL of each solution in respective plates
Control: distilled water
Control: 4.108Mohm, 2.517Mohm, 2.934Mohm
0.001M NaCl: 393.7 kohm, 265.5kohm, 579.6kohm
0.005M NaCl: 264.9kohm, 266kohm, 326.1kohm
0.05M NaCl: 233.5kohm, 46.69kohm, 97.1kohm
control 0.001M NaCl 0.005M NaCl 0.05M NaCl
3.186MΩ 0.4129MΩ 0.2857MΩ 0.1258MΩ
0.001M NaCl: 2.7731MΩ change
0.005M NaCl: 2.9003MΩ change
0.05M NaCl: 3.0602MΩ change
• Our wires were not long enough to touch the solution in the plates—next time don’t tape wires in place until right before experiment begins
• WE NEED A COMPUTER BASED VOLTMETER
Should touching the plastic significantly change the resistance?
What if distance changes slightly?
All considerations of our apparatus
Any suggestions for a real-time, computer based voltmeter?
Tomorrow: get plates from Harvard lab!
Create glycerol stocks of the plasmids