- Elowitz MB and Leibler S. . pmid:10659856.
- Vilar JM, Kueh HY, Barkai N, and Leibler S. . pmid:11972055.
This theory paper investigates how delays destabilize fixed points. This is a fundamentally different analysis, quite the opposite of trying to use delays to make limit cycles more attractive.
- Bratsun D, Volfson D, Tsimring LS, and Hasty J. . pmid:16199522.
This is not transcriptional delay, but rather delay through intermediate species, which is the principle that dominates previous delay studies.
- Monk NA. . pmid:12932324.
This experimental paper uses a plasmid that effectively contains a delay, used for another purpose entirely, but might be a good starting point for design.
- Golding I, Paulsson J, Zawilski SM, and Cox EC. . pmid:16360033.
- Lutz R and Bujard H. . pmid:9092630.
This paper measures transfer curves and dynamics of a simple circuit
- Canton B, Labno A, and Endy D. . pmid:18612302.