7 October 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
† Sonali's research report today.
- A slow migration to 709 can now begin.
- JZ and JD out next week at mTAS.
† Flu R01
- More sample back? Can we put in 1.5 ml saline, collect in 3ml VTM tube directly? YES. Cathie will amend.
- Plaque assay status. Redo . Too dilute.
- Cathie STILL STILL has to submit the progress report to INSPIR.
† SEPSIS Project - CIMIT Bird Flu
- Sample (raw pellets and film) from Ticona COC ordered.
- B sub in blood is done. Lets talk about comepleting the gram positive plots so they "match."
- SEM image analysis of pore size. Progress?
- Run E. coli RT-PCR using primers for a genomic target.
- Report DNA amounts along with the RT-PCR data for the Sepsis paper.
- Tube meeting took place last week. More to come.
- Jeff Braman will visit in early Dec.
- SM and AC did the first experiments this week. RNA obtained. Looks clean.
- Do dilutions. Send to Bioanalyzer.
- Mark finish control circuit
- Fluorescence microscopy available from 720. Try beads experiment. Update?
- Cutter plotter arrived.
- Jane, Cathie, Larry, Ranjith will meet soon to discuss scale up of sol gel in chip process.
- Discuss dispensing from evap chip in a real world way.
- Current design gives E.coli signal, clotting is still a problem
- Change of design: funnel-shaped wells, smooth hole, make samples in pipette tips?
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Waiting for fixture still from Melissa. Hopefully this week.
- Update: Monday 6 Oct Haven't heard anything from Shane yet. Attempting to contact again, so far without success.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Alex working on more toluene bonding issues.
- Try Ticona material. (HM, JD, AG)
- Still Still Still troubleshooting ??
† Biointerfaces group
- Mold still not made. Mask potentially Wed AM. When mask is made.
- Do preliminary E. coli experiment soon. Sonali will train.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Preliminary plan for IRB submission at Harvard in place. Target date 1/1/09
- STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)
- Physical PCR areas defined in 709 (check with Sonali).
- QQ continued with Taqman assays.
- QQ will run it on a gel to check.
- Run Gels for water Wash steps - show me and Sonali
- Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - Will try after fixes and report next week.
* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture.
- MinCheol is making Four simple PCR models to optimize temperature distribution along to the channel. Will do another model with the insulation on the bottom.
- MinCheol is simulating DNA's Residence Time for simple PCR models. The DNA particles need to be much smaller. Also, consult the Lab on Chip paper that JD mentioned.
- Have a PCR only meeting sometime next week.
- Qingqing has to do experiments with MinCheol's designs.
- Cathie Still Still Working on Whitepaper almost done!
† Senior project
- Megan ordering oligos and primers for the RCA. Quote. Check with Heiko on his sources.
- Haven't seen Teddy yet. What is up with him?
† F31: Cochlea
- ARO Abstract submitted.
- Data summary focusing on the fundamental biological questions for next week.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Ongoing. More concentrations. Forged chips.
- Pressure testing on these channels when they are flowing.