14 October 2008 Lab Meeting Agenda
† MinCheol's research report today.
- JZ and JD out this week at mTAS.
† Flu R01
- TO DO More sample back? Can we put in 1.5 ml saline, collect in 3ml VTM tube directly? YES. Cathie will amend.
- Plaque assay status?
- TO DO Cathie STILL STILL has to submit the progress report to INSPIR.
† SEPSIS Project - CIMIT Bird Flu
- B sub in blood is done. Lets talk about comepleting the gram positive plots so they "match."
- SEM image analysis of pore size. DONE. Thanks JZ
- Run E. coli RT-PCR using primers for a genomic target.
- Report DNA amounts along with the RT-PCR data for the Sepsis paper.
- Jeff Braman will visit in early Dec.
- Do dilutions. Send to Bioanalyzer.
- Mark finish control circuit
- Fluorescence microscopy available from 720. Try beads experiment. DONE.
- Bacteria Experiment?
- Jane, Cathie, Larry, Ranjith met Friday. JZ will try process with modified washes.
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Waiting for fixture still from Melissa. Hopefully this week. UPDATE?
- 9 Oct Shane says schematics are completed and would be emailed "right away". Have not received anything. Will contact 14 Oct to figure out why.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
- Alex working on more toluene bonding issues.
- Try Ticona material. (HM, JD, AG)
- Still Still Still troubleshooting ??
† Biointerfaces group
- Mold still not made. Mask potentially Wed AM. When mask is made.
- Do preliminary E. coli experiment soon. Sonali will train.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Preliminary plan for IRB submission at Harvard in place. Target date 1/1/09
- STAR-CD Renewal - January ($2K)
- QQ will run it on a gel to check.
- Run Gels for water Wash steps - show me and Sonali UPDATE?
- Only 1/5 chips are good at the hot embossing step. The vaccum chuck will be checked and o-rings changed - Will try after fixes and report next week. UPDATE?
* Fixuture for PCR chip. The heater and the thermocouples would be on the fixture.
- Qingqing has to do experiments with MinCheol's designs. AS SOON AS CLEANING CONTEROLS ARE IN PLACE.
- Cathie Still Still Working on Whitepaper.
† Senior project
- Megan ordering oligos and primers for the RCA. Quote. Check with Heiko on his sources.
- Haven't seen Teddy yet. What is up with him?
† F31: Cochlea
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Ongoing. More concentrations. .
- Pressure testing on these channels when they are flowing.