26 February 2009 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Status: compressed air and vacuum. Happening NOW.
Bioanalyzer - 2nd training March 3 9:30am
Pressure sensor - quoted $325 SP70A or $1000+ SP70D, returning old one for them to look
A roll of Kapton film available
† Flu R01
- Up to 130 total.
- 3:30 pm phone conf. on Monday 3/2, Patty and Jim
- Plaque Assay. pfu's 10^4 - 10^6 diretly from samples
- 3/13 Cathie meeting with Nira Pollcak - more samples
- BUMC _ John Connor - Cathie IBC amendment. Two transportation steps
† SEPSIS Project
- Submitted to Integrative Biology.
- Will run fresh extract from Anirban with Agilent guy on TU.
- New proposal with Fraunhofer for food.
- Integration test from here forward.
- Test ongoing with Rubber adhesive tape for Sol-gel.
- Test with engineered SERS substrates
- Still in discussion for dicing
- Same method with Sol-gel
- Flu Concentration and Cleaning. Kit, UCentrifuge, Quote from Beckmann.
- benchtop or floor models searched, price range 32K+, waiting on quote.
- Try glass fixture.
- magnets hold Teflon substrate in place and make sure they sink
- they crack as soon as left dry
- nanopatterned COP provides access to repeatable morphology *try EBEAM gold on COP
- Engineered COP substrate?
- three categories of making new sbustrates 1) ebeam COP film, 2) COP hot eboss EVAP, 3)stamping/other intermediate method. (JD)
- Do Rhodamine.
-Need a size specific positive control. PS beads? charged?
- 1um unmodified, undiluted PS beads give distinctive spectrum on Ranjith's substrate
- co-evaporating diluted PS beads didn't give a signal: difficulty in locating concentrated particles
† Valve Array/Valve building - done.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Final experiments were done.
- counting the number of trapped cells
- adding experimental results in the draft paper.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Developed a new protocal for PCR coating
- Simulaons of DNA chain model are running (60 beads).
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
- PReliminary no-valve design for 25 microliters.
- Sonali try to do 10 microliters in the tube
† Senior project
- FEP Teflon film arrived.
- Cutter plotter prototype to be soon bonded.
- Now has access to 3" wafers from MCK.
† F31: Cochlea
- Cell/matrix paper blocking controls. Likely final questions... when is Decorin up/down regulated--- is there an association between fibronectin and actin cytoskeletons during regeneration? Obtained feedback on culture paper.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Do full spectra on dirty controls - with PG and Without PG
- try another color DNA dye.
- UPDATE The invitrogen Nucleic Acid Stains Dimer Sampler Kit was ordered on Tuesday
- reading about all the different stains to