5 March 2009 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Status: compressed air and vacuum. DONE
Pressure sensor - quoted $325 SP70A or $1000+ SP70D, returning old one for them to look
- Co. says that it works fine. Transducer up to 1000 psi. We are getting it back.
† Flu R01
- Talked to Patty and Jim today. Need more sample. No more splitting. Compare notes with Sonali, Patty and Jim
- 3/13 Cathie meeting with Nira Pollcak - more samples
- BUMC _ John Connor - Cathie working on IBC amendment. Two transportation steps
† SEPSIS Project
- Submitted to Integrative Biology.
- New proposal with Fraunhofer for food due this week.
- Integration test from here forward.
- Test ongoing with Rubber adhesive tape for Sol-gel.
- Test with engineered SERS substrates
- Discussion for different approach using COP film as their substrate
- Flu Concentration and Cleaning. Kit, UCentrifuge, Quote from Beckmann.
- benchtop or floor models searched, price range 32K+, waiting on quote.
- Try glass fixture.
- magnets hold Teflon substrate in place and make sure they sink
- they crack as soon as left dry
- nanopatterned COP provides access to repeatable morphology *try EBEAM gold on COP
- Engineered COP substrate?
- three categories of making new sbustrates 1) ebeam COP film, 2) COP hot eboss EVAP (Luca), 3)stamping/other intermediate method(Bjoern similar). (JD)
- Do Rhodamine.
-Need a size specific positive control. PS beads? charged?
- 1um unmodified, undiluted PS beads give distinctive spectrum on Ranjith's substrate
- co-evaporating diluted PS beads didn't give a signal: difficulty in locating concentrated particles
† Valve Array/Valve building - done.
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Final experiments were done.
- counting the number of trapped cells
- adding experimental results in the draft paper.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- Cathie in charge of PCR1 paper right now.
- Developed a new protocal for PCR coating
- Simulaons of DNA chain model are running (60 beads).
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
- convert this whitepaper to grant? RCA/HDA on a chip for NIH...anyone interested?
- PReliminary no-valve design for 25 microliters.
- 20 more test chips to Sonali (AACC poster).
- Sonali try to do 10 microliters in the tube
† Senior project
- Test on Thu, Fri worked but failure after some cycles.
- Need to enhance bonding (e.g. Ar or O2 ashing)
† F31: Cochlea
- Cell/matrix paper blocking controls. Likely final questions... when is Decorin up/down regulated--- is there an association between fibronectin and actin cytoskeletons during regeneration? Obtained feedback on culture paper.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Do full spectra on dirty controls - with PG and Without PG
- try another color DNA dye.
- UPDATE The invitrogen Nucleic Acid Stains Dimer Sampler Kit was ordered on Tuesday
- reading about all the different stains to