Peer-reviewed journal publications
- Kim MH*. Nanoparticle-based therapies for wound biofilm infections: Opportunities and Challenges. In press, IEEE Trans Nanobioscience, 2016.
- Yu B, Sondag G, Malcuit C*, Kim MH*, and Safadi F*. Macrophage-associated Osteoactivin/GPNMB mediates mesenchymal stem cell survival, proliferation, and migration via a CD44-dependent mechanism. In press, Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 2016 (*, equal contribution).
- Sung B, Shaffer S, Sittek M, Alboslemy T, Kim C, and Kim MH. Alternating magnetic field-responsive hybrid gelatin microgels for controlled drug release. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 108:e53680, doi:10.3791/53680, 2016.
- Kim MH*. Modulation of innate immune response for tissue engineering. Invited chapter in Frontiers in Biomedical Engineering: Convergence Technology, Springer, H. Jo et al (eds.),DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-21813-7_7, 2015.
- Worden M, Bruckman M, Kim MH, Steinmetz N, Kikkawa J, LaSpina C, and Hegmann T. Aqueous systhesis of polyhedral “brick-like” iron oxide nanoparticles for hyperthermia and T2 MRI contrast enhancement, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 3: 6877-6884, 2015.
- Sung B, Kim C, and Kim MH. Biodegradable colloidal microgels with tunable thermosensitive volume phase transitions for controllable drug delivery. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 450:26-33, 2015.
- Yan H, Sung B, Kim MH, and Kim C. A novel strategy for functionalizable photoluminescent magnetic nanoparticles. Materials Research Express, 1:045032, doi:10.1088/2053-1591/1/4/045032, 2014.
- Kim MH, Gorouhi F, Ramirez S, Granick JL, Byrne BA, Soulika AM, Simon SI, Isseroff RR. Catecholamine stress alters neutrophil trafficking and impairs wound healing via β2 adrenergic receptor mediated upregulation of IL-6. Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 134:809-817, 2014
- Kim MH, Yamayoshi I, Mathew S, Lin H, Nayfach J, and Simon SI, Magnetic nanoparticle targeted hyperthermia of cutaneous S. aureus infection. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 41:598-609, 2013
- Dixit N, Kim MH, Rossaint J, Yamayoshi I, Zarbock A, Simon SI.Leukocyte function antigen-1, kindlin-3, and calcium flux orchestrate neutrophil recruitment during Inﬂammation. J Immunology, 189:5954-5964, 2012
- Kim MH, Granick J, Kwok C, Walker N, Borjesson DL, Curry F-E, Miller LS, and Simon SI. Neutrophil survival and c-kit+ progenitor proliferation in Stappylococcus aureus infected skin wounds promote resolution. Blood, 117(12):3343-3352, 2011
- Simon SI and Kim MH, A day (or 5) in a neutrophil’s life. Blood, 116:511-512, 2010
- Kim MH, Curry F-E, and Simon SI. Dynamics of neutrophil extravasation and vascular permeability are uncoupled during aseptic cutaneous wounding. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, 296: C848-C856, 2009
- Kim MH, Liu W, Borjesson DL, Curry F-E, Miller LS, Cheung AL, Liu F-T, Isseroff RR, and Simon SI. Dynamics of neutrophil infiltration during cutaneous wound healing and infection using fluorescence imaging. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 128: 1812-1820, 2008
- Kim MH, Granger DN, and Harris NR. Mediators of CD18/P-selectin-dependent constriction of venule-paired arterioles in hypercholesterolemia. Microvascular Research, 73, pp. 150-155, 2007
- Kim MH, Carter P, and Harris NR. P-selectin-mediated adhesion impairs endothelium-dependent arteriolar dilation in hypercholesterolemic mice. American Journal of Physiology -Heart and Circ Physiology. 292: H632-H638, 2007
- Kim MH and Harris NR. Leukocyte adherence inhibits adenosine-dependent venular control of arteriolar diameter and nitric oxide. American Journal of Physiology -Heart and Circ Physiology. 291: H724-H731, 2006
- Kim MH, Harris NR and Tarbell JM. Regulation of hydraulic conductivity in response to sustained changes in pressure. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circ Physiology. 289: H2551-H2558, 2005
- Kim MH, Harris NR and Tarbell JM. Regulation of capillary hydraulic conductivity in response to acute change in shear. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circ Physiology, 289: H2126-H2135, 2005
- Kim MH, Harris NR and Tarbell JM. Control of the arteriolar myogenic response by transvascular fluid filtration. Microvascular Research, 68, pp. 30-37, 2004
- Cho M, Kim MH & et all. A Study on the Room-Temperature Curvature Shapes of Unsymmetric Laminates Including Slippage Effects. Journal of Composite Materials, Vol.32, No. 5, pp. 460 - 482, 1998
- Cho M, Kim K and Kim MH. Efficient Higher-order Shell Theory for Laminated Composites. Composite Structures, 34, pp. 197 - 212, 1996
- Cho M and Kim MH. A Postprocess Method Using a Displacement Field of Higher Shell Theory. Composite Structures, 34, pp. 185 - 196, 1996