Today we are going to perform two different experiments:
- We are going to perform some Gold NPs again using exactly the same protocol as yesterday (1st of November) but we are going to use a fresh gold solution.
- We are going to transform the mutate DNA we synthesized yesterday (1st of November) thanks to the PCR technique.
- In this specific order, add 1ml of BSA stock solution (15.5µM) + 1ml of HAuCl4 stock solution (2.9mM) + 8ml of water
- Place in the oven for 2 hours; remove every 30 minutes and leave the solution at room temperature for 10minutes
- Prepare the LB/agar plate:
- Add 0.875g LB + 0.7g Agar + 35ml H2O
- Leave the solution in the autoplate for 1hours and a half
- Add 35µL of Antibiotics (Ampicillin) + 35mL of water
- Put some solution into a plastic Petri dish
- Let the solution become solid
- Prepare the cells:
- Place the DNA solution in the ice during
- Add 5µL of DNA solution to 30µL of cells solution
- Incubate on ice during 30 minutes
- Place the solution at 42°C for 30 seconds to make a heat shock
- Incubate in ice for 5 minutes
- Add 250μL of SOC media
- Incubate in shaker at 37°C for 1 hour
At the end of the Gold NPs synthesis, we obtained some purple fibers; they began to form after 1 hours in the oven and became darker after 1 hours and a half; the fibers are spread through the solution and don't form an aggreggate like yesterday.